Promoting Local Artists for more than 50 years!
- Juried Show Reception on April 5, 2014
- April Meeting on April 10, 2014 10:00 am
- Resort Cable Exhibit Change on April 11, 2014
- Airport Exhibit Change on April 16, 2014
- Airport Exhibit Reception on April 19, 2014 1:00 pm
- May Meeting on May 8, 2014 10:00 am
- Resort Cable Exhibit Exchange on May 9, 2014
- Paint Out @ Kenneth Adair Park on May 10, 2014 9:00 am
- Pat Langewis Acrylic & Water Color Workshop on May 22, 2014 9:00 am
- Deadline to Remove Art from Library on May 31, 2014
- September Meeting on September 11, 2014 10:00 am
- Reg Powell Acrylic Workshop on October 10, 2014 9:00 am
- October Meeting on October 14, 2014 10:00 am
- November Meeting on November 13, 2014 10:00 am
Click here for the printable entry form. ELIGIBILITY: This juried competition is open to all
To sign up for an open spot, TAG members should contact Nina Louton at 501 622-3100
At every TAG meeting members are eligible to win fun prizes that are provided by
Refreshments are graciously provided at Traditional Art Guild Meetings by the following members: February: Cheryl
Benefits of TAG Membership
“TAG has really been an encouragement to me as an artist. I have learned more about my craft and have gotten exposure for my work that would not have happened otherwise”Joanne Kunath
TAG Event Calendar
Artists: Nina Louton & Cynthia Schanink
Reception: Saturday, April 19th from 1 until 3pm
April 19th – May 14th
The Traditional Art Guild and Hot Springs Memorial Field present the works of TAG members Nina Louton and Cynthia Schanink. The exhibit will open on April 19 and will remain until May 14. Louton and Schanink will provide an eclectic selection of works in varying media and sizes with several very large pieces on display at the airport. The reception will open at 1 pm on Saturday, April 19 and both artists will be available and would love to visit.
Nina Louton began studying art with her mother: paper, clay, cloth, wax, and gourd art as well as clothing design and gardening. A graduate of Henderson State University, Louton taught twenty-nine years at Mountain Pine School. Louton has been involved with The Fine Arts Center programs, Traditional Arts Guild and The Artists Workshop Gallery for years. In November, 2013, Louton began teaching enrichment classes in the public schools with Arkansas Learning through the Arts, a nonprofit organization that works closely with Arkansas Arts in Education.
Cynthia has been painting in watercolor since high school and has won numerous awards including Best of Show in Arkansas exhibits. Her works are inspired by sights from all around Arkansas with its beautiful lakes, mountains and trees, Garvan Woodland Gardens, historic buildings, landmarks, Mt Nebo State Park and the National Parks. Her paintings are in many corporate and private collections.
Each month the airport hosts a new art exhibit of works provided by TAG members. The Guild meets monthly at the Garland County Library from September through May. For more information call TAG President, Doug Jones 501-915-0994.
Artist: Ellen Capello
|Monday||8:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Tuesday||9:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Wednesday||8:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Thursday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Friday||8:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Saturday||9:00 am – 1:00 pm|